Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Husband is a Junkie

As I sit here and type I am being stared down by a 2 bite brownie, in the drawer of the desk is a chocolate bar, throughout my house there are stashes of chocolate...my husband is a chocolate/sugar Junkie, he hides his "stuff" because our boarder is also a sugar Junkie, so not wanting to share and find he has none my husband hides his sweets. Apple pies in the microwave, candies in his under pant drawer...and so on. I too like sugar, I find eating it soothing, I however prefer not to eat it because one leads to 2 and so on, as well I hate the sugar dump a few hours later, much like a hangover that feeling of being tired and wanting more to boost yourself. It is not that I don't eat sugar I am just careful as to how much I eat and when I eat it. As a yoga instructor and runner, having sugar dumps can dramatically affect my work performance so I avoid sugar. that said there are times it calls my name and I have to be strong and get out of hearing distance...LOL having sugar stashed around the house makes this a little hard.

This weekend I am teaching a 16 hour course busy days

Yesterday

Breakfast - Ezekial Raisin toast, hazelnut butter and sugar free jam
Lunch - Hot Dog at the Festival
Snack - protein shake
Dinner - Chicken on Pita, lots of veggies in this.
Snack - Brown Rice wrap, with sugar free jam.

Ran 4.5 k taught 7 hours of yoga....body feels great today....

Menu Today

Breakfast

Hazelnut Butter, sugar free jam on raisin toast, I wrote it backward to make it seem different.
Lunch - Salad with tuna, feta, sliced cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes...making up for my lack of veggies the last couple of days.
Snack - Protein Shake
Dinner - Not sure may be going out with my Dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment