Monday, September 28, 2009

Fire Men delivered to my door - Happy Birthday

One day Misty and I were trail running and there, in the middle of the woods, we ran into Fire Men doing drills, was that a dream or was it a mirage....I am a cops kid and I like a man in uniform...although I have never dated a cop or a fireman, I have the habit of looking when I see one....LOL, someday I must grow up and give that up.

So.....last night....I am awakened to strange sounds in my driveway...flashing lights and the rumbling sound of an engine...hmmm I take a peak, there is a big truck in my driveway....it is hard to tell in the dark what kind of truck it is but is resembles a fire truck. I wait to see if anyone is coming to the door, nothing happens....hmmm I am the home owner I must go see, I was also worried about the noise, my husband was sleeping.

So out I go in my pj's n at 5:00am and they were big tall firemen....they had been called by a neighbor because our boarder had a huge fire on our property, he was burning wire (long story), behind the fire truck were the police...yikes.. I talked to the driver for awhile to find out that the police are at the fire with my broader.I decide to stay out of this. Let my boarder handle his stuff.

But let me tell you the driver was very handsome, grey haired in his 50's, just my type.....we chatted about my home and stuff...until my husband woke up and took over. I headed back to bed and left my husband with the firemen and police.

So the moral of the story is....the next time my friend Charlie sends me Firemen for my Birthday, I need some warning, so I can chip the sleep gunk out of my eyes, brush my teeth and change my ratty pj's and bed head....

Food for the day

Egg - Fried in pam, Raisin Ezekiel English muffin, milk
Lunch - left over dinner, bit of potatos, carrots parsnips and chicken.
Snack - hummus and carrots
Dinner - not sure, salad I think, with tons of veggies and maybe some left over chicken. Teaching 2 classes tonight and don't want to be sluggish.

Today I am quite tired I worked all weekend, on top of my normal schedule, I will run tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the leopard print nightie with the cougar boobs was just what that fireman needed to see :D Truly a gift that keeps giving :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I am sooo uncougarish when I sleep, I could use a bedtime makeover

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol....wow..what a way to wake up.....have a great run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete