Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I have a date

I had a great run last night...hot but just one of those on nights...after running I went for a latte, the one I didn't have earlier.

Today I am heading out for lunch with a friend his treat...sushi of course...what else....but he asked me. I am having lunch with my Real estate Agent/old boyfriend.....I mention that he is an old boyfriend just to sound intriguing, he is a great guy we started dating 30 years ago....holy cow, that really makes me sound old...I met him the summer before grade 13...and we dated for 7 years or so...give or take about 15 breakups..

I was a horrible girlfriend (at times), young and never ready to settle down...he tried hard to settle me down but finally gave up.

I used to help him train for the Argo's he liked to run in the Beaches and I would cycle beside him smoking cigarettes LOL.

Last night Frank and I talked a bit about old flames and ex's and while he has some regrets, I actually have none, I can easily look back and say....I was a kid, not ready and anyways I wouldn't want to be married to this guy today. Years ago I apologized for my bad behaviour, while dating him, and today I enjoy his friendship with no regrets...he has a great wife and kids and is happy in his life. I like our history together it is nice to connect with someone you have known for so long there is something special about how you can talk about today and then slip into the past and compare. I think the longer you have friends the more they have accpeted the real you...

Breakfast - go lean crunch with skim milk
no snack
Sushi - I will be careful, not all you can eat.
no snack
Dinner - Greek Salad, not sure what meat, I am grocery shopping today.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. you are doing so well! The planning is great - its keeps you on track :) I am just about to plan my meals for next week....and go grocery shopping tommorow....not a fan of grocery shopping...makes me poor - hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I like you...you are so centered!

    ReplyDelete