Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ice Cream Cake......

Today is my Birthday, I turned 49, I have had 2 insanely busy weeks, and worked until 5:30 today....but I came home to a great meal prepared by my family...my daughter, her boyfriend, and my husband came together and made roast chicken, mashed potatoes and tons of parsnips and carrots, it was divine, and as a surprise my father had been invited, now I was a bit of a daddy's girl in my youth and still have a very soft spot for him. So the meal was divine, the company was great and......my Dad brought an ice cream cake....I love ice cream, it is a weakness, to the point that I generally just don't eat it, for sure I don't buy it...but there is was,and for real it had my name on piece, Sheree in blue icing....what could I do but indulge ? I loved every mouthful of it and may have another piece (sorry Misty),

I have been too busy to blog, but my food has been great all weekend, until today, a little birthday cupcake given to me by one of my teachers and of course the ice cream cake....

Tuesday I start my 10k training and boot camp restarts next Friday, so I am sure my little ice cream indulgence will be worked off.

In the meantime...I felt grateful for my little family gather and for the amazing daughter I have raised.

Did I mention my boarder Charlie....who is my new favorite boarder...bought me a gift certificate to a spa....can you say facial and massage...ahhhh...there is little I like more then a day a a spa...maybe only sleep and "S..X"...I have already been drooling over their menu of services...planning carefully the best way to spend the certifcate....I have been sooo spoiled.

4 comments:

  1. well now I know about the ice cream cake, I will makes sure to add in some more jumping and bouncing in fridays class :)

    Happy Birthday my cougar freind!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great birthday Sheree!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had the best birthday, Sheree.

    ReplyDelete