Sunday, September 6, 2009

I am a running goddess....of the lower goddess sort

So today I started my plan......I am still on holidays, and have tons of time....I am trying really hard not to work on some courses just rest my mind, body and soul.

Friday I stocked up on some great veggies from Strouds and today enjoyed them.

Breakfast - one fried egg, a bit of fried potato's and onions, this is one of my husbands fav breakfasts.
Snack - small banana, in a protein shake
Ran - 5 or 6k and hopped up a flight of stairs 8 times, until my heart tried to jump out of my mouth.
Lunch - Turkey on Rye, a bit of potato salad made with light mayo, carrot sticks.
Dinner - one potato, one cob of corn (no butter) 3 oz of beef tenderloin.
Okay so I had potato at every meal, but probably only ate 2 potato's in total.
Ran 3k tempo run, no walk breaks
Snack - 1/2 banana, with some peanut butter in an Ezekial wrap....

My husband likes to eat and when I am home I like to cook so we make good partners....yesterday and today I made all his meals and so therefore he really likes me, in fact he actually picked me a rose and gave it to me, it is the first rose he has every given to me, stolen as it was....next week when I am working again and he is eating canned pork and beans, he will probably want the rose back LOL.......

So today I ran twice, part of the plan. The first run was tough, it was mid day and hot.....some cyclist rode by me and told me to get a bike...hahaha I probably looked half dead....I told him I wasn't old enough yet to become a cyclist, he had no response.....I ran in my black jog bra.....I just had to take my top off....big old belly flopping but what the heck...I ran through some sprinklers then I had this great idea...there are 8 cement steps leading up to the treatment centre in Brooklin I thought I would run up and down them but that was too easy, so I decided to hop up and down them, Misty would be proud, she knows I hate hopping. so there I am in the brutal sun, in my jog bra, hopping up these stairs... I will be 49 in 2 weeks, so I thought to myself....I must be a goddess of the lower type, in the Hindu religion there are higher and lower gods or I could be an old fool trying to hold on to her youth... Old fool or lower goddess ?

My second run was great, it was dark, I love love love running at night, it is how I started running, at night, so no one would see me....I love the coolness, the dark and my energy is higher in the night...I am not a morning person. I had hoped to run 4k but the toilet called my name...I managed 3k and a then a run up the stairs to the staff washroom.....just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment