Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shake and Shimmy

As many of you know me you also know that I have a fairly busy schedule...and somehow over the years I have stopped doing things, like going to movies, plays etc...generally it is because on my one or two nights off I am tired or my husband is tired so we sit..and sit and sit...not that I mind sitting but I think we sit too much...so I was excited when Ava Noir rented my studio for a Burlesque Workshop...I decided to attend.

What a fun night 15 women, learning the Burlesque basics, the walk, the look, the hips shakes and the shimmying....Ava Noir was fun informative and truly is hot stuff...in the beginning of the night my hips seems stuck...white girl hips...they just didn't want to move, but at the end of the hour they let go.

Ava told us to practice everywhere...so I did - in Shoppers Drugmart I did the walk up the aisle when I was along, I seductively reached for the cereal box...I shimmyed over to the on Sale Kasha bars...wondering if my new career as a dancer was looming.

I got home and thought why not..I am not much of a dancer so this is a really stretch for me....I called to my husband "stay there" I wanted to show him what I had learned...I was afraid he would scoff at me...so I walked towards him, I did the bicycle walk and with my hands behind my head, I shimmyed over to the wall, where I slid down the wall (trying not to groan from the pain of bootcamp) and did the knee thing, a litte peak....he watched...and smiled as I turned away from him and shook my booty....I then went up to him for the final shimmy and some hair tousling...oh yeah my first performance...was a hit..of sorts...and a great laugh.

I will not be giving up my career as a yoga teacher...thank god there is no shimmying in yoga...but look for me in the grocery stores as I seductively look for specials and healthy food...in my running shoes and yoga pants...next workshop is about feather BOA's....I have a feather duster..but a BOA sounds like way more fun..

3 comments:

  1. This gave me a big smile! I wonder what the security/store manager was thinking upon seeing you in the security footage? I bet you made his *ahem* day or night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you almost shimmy-ed those rock hard butt cheeks right off!!

    ReplyDelete