Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mango Protein Shake

Thursday is my longest day of the week I start at 10:00 am and end around 10:00 pm, so it makes for a tired Sheree...I have found that being prepared with great quality food really helps my energy...today was not one of those organized days....tomorrow thanks goodness I am off and will have time to grocery shop.

Breakfast - Breakfast Pita with Hazelnut butter
Lunch - Chicken souvlaki on a pita
Snack - protein shake, apple...
Dinner Greek salad - dressing on the side.

The protein shake may sound boring but it is amazing sweet, filling and yummy a recipe from my friend and trainer Misty.


One scoop East Coast Naturals Vanilla protein powder (Trust me this is the best brand, I have tried a few, that taste like chalk or have tons of chemicals in them)

I fill my blender with frozen mango, about 3/4 of the way full
I scoop protein power
Then I add skim milk up to the level of the mango.

Blend together - it can be as thick as ice cream if you use less milk or add a little more milk for a milkshake consistency...anyway - you like it is delicious...mango is the best fruit I find for this shake...I have tried blueberries, strawberries and raspberries....but they seem overwhelming in comparison to the mango.

1 comment: