Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Maggots in my stomach

This week I had the bright idea that I would precook some food for the week, it has worked out well. But I cooked Vegetarian food mostly and used tons of beans...now I like beans ,they are a great low fat source of fiber and they taste great..but they have an affect on most people, much like the old song..."beans beans the magical fruit ........the more you eat...the more you .......", so the last couple of days between run club, teaching yoga, teaching pilates and the beans.....I can only say has been a challenge...there is constant movement in my intestines....rumbling....stuff...maggots I am sure. Luckily I have a spare room to sleep in LOL.

I have been busier the last couple of weeks then I could ever imagine being....but I have successfully kept up my exercise and my good eating. My goal as always is to do one thing at a time. Friday I hope to go to a spa and spend the gift certificate Charlie (my boarder) kindly gave me for my birthday, I am hoping for a massage and a facial....I really really really need this time for myself.

I have Thanksgiving on my radar....Canadian Living magazines in my bedroom.....looking for new and yummy recipes.

Menu Today - NO BEANS.....

Breakfast
2 Fried eggs, one pear
Latte
Lunch - Salmon Sandwich
Dinner - Halibut Steak, Brussels sprouts,

Not sure about the snacks depends on how much I work out if at all. I may run and if I do I will add a protein shake, I have some raw almonds that I may eat at work.

2 comments:

  1. eeksss....beans and now brussels.....poor frank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on apple pie for the family and I've made one but for me I'm treating myself to a baked apple for dessert.

    Apple
    Walnuts
    Raisins
    Brown sugar
    and a pat of real butter

    Way fewer calories than the apple pie. I might even have a few extra calories earned to have a slice of sharp cheddar along side it.

    Good for you keeping up with your healthy lifestyle. So good to see you at Rclub, I'm thrilled to be at it again.

    ReplyDelete