Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Ways Things Work Out

There is a saying in the Church crowd that God works in mysterious ways, while I am not a religious person, and certainly don't believe that there is this all knowing God granting blessings or punishments. I have seen things work out that seemed at one point impossible or things work out but having twists and turns.

I am not at all a fan of the The Secret, in fact, I internally scream when the movie is quoted to me. Manifesting our dreams it just not as easy as Secret Followers would have you believe...just manifest they say...just wave your f-ing magic wand and it will be yours...life is just not that easy and it is not meant to be . Success is is never instant or easy...hard work, self discipline, dreaming, persistence...these are just some of the qualities of success, not writing your wishes on a story board and waiting for them to happen. That's why I love runners, they know that in order to run that race or marathon, they need to do the do things, runners have amazing focus and self discipline...runners know that nobody can run the race for you, you have to cross that finish line yourself.

Robin Sharma says you have to be willing to sacrifice all to get what you want...

My husband and I have done that, we have followed our inner dreams and both have gone after what we really wanted to do in life...it at times has been painful...sometimes joyful...we have doubted ourselves and we have fought...we have laughed at ourselves and built each other up when the other needed it...thank god we have both not crashed at the same time. We didn't count on a recession while chasing our dreams....

When I think of the past few months I think about how grateful I am for the way things turned out...first I got vertigo....it was extremely difficult and I had to take time off work...but I got to sit at the edge of my pool every day and watch my grandkids play...I got to spend time with my daughter in-law and today I feel much closer to them.

Then my house took a long time to sell, but looking back I was glad it didn't sell until now, the summer with my grandkids was worth the wait..as well we had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner...our last in this house but I knew that at the time...life will change now and I am ready for it.

Those are just some of the things that happened this year that have been "little blessings" ...I could go on and on.

But in the end it has been a good year, I have made really good friends and been supported by some amazing people.

My special thanks go Misty, Annalise, Kyla, Brian, Andrea and Lianne, and my Father....who were there for Frank and I in so many ways.


Food Today

Breakfast - cottage cheese with fruit and granola
Lunch - Vegetarian Chilli with grated cheese.
Nap...long one and maybe a bowl of cereal.
Dinner - I have a pot roast in the crock pot ...not sure if I want red meat 2 days in a row, so may have a great salad or some chilli on lettuce with grated cheese and salsa...a virtually fat free taco salad.

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful message. I am so proud of you and Frank. I'm also glad the house has sold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Glad to hear the house sold!! I can relate to that, it took 8 months for mine to sell and in the end, Jason and I found the greatest house, probably at a much lower price due to the market!
    See you at Run Club tonight, looking forward to the great weather!!!!

    ReplyDelete