Monday, October 19, 2009

If only I could marry Katie

It was one of the those weekends, very busy, too busy and the whole weekend I had a cold....feeling crappy takes some of the joy out of the day. My first class of yoga teacher graduated this weekend and they are awesome, I am really proud of them and they were so excited. It has been a powerful 10 months working with these women and watching them grow. I have a new group of teacher trainees that started last month and it will be interesting to see them develop and learn.

Then last night I went to a Lululemon staff meeting and was presented with a Ambassador Card worth $1,000.00, I was shocked I hadn't expected it last night and it is hard not to rush in there and spend it all at once...I have been eyeballing stuff but didn't want to spend too much money.

My food on the weekend was awesome, I am not going to list it, but except for a donut I stole off my boarder (he had already eaten about 8 that day, so in a way I was doing him a favor), I ate very healthy. I had a great tofu dish at a vegetarian restaurant in Whitby. Hey Mom, if you are reading this let me buy you lunch there next week...it will be fun to see you.

Today's Food

Egg McMuffin, no meat, sorry it was the best I could do I had to be in T.O for a early meeting and I am still sick, I staggered to the shower and out the door in about 25 minutes.

So on the way home from my meeting I thought no way am I buying crappy takeout, then I realised I hadn't grocery shopped last week. The thought of stopping to buy groceries was not very appealing, all I could think about was going back to bed and nursing this cold. I kept thinking there must be something, the fridge was 1/4 full of this and that.

So I sauteed onions and 1/2 a carton of mushrooms in some fresh garlic and olive oil. I then added a can of diced tomato, some basil and oregano, I simmer it a bit then added 3/4 of a can of fava beans ( I have no idea how they even got in my cupboard). I had some left over organic spinach which I stirred in at the last minute.

Served on Brown Rice Pasta with a some grated Asagio cheese, it was really a great meal. Frank hung out with me while I cooked and we caught up on my life...which is busier than his...in a way. Frank works from home so I seem to be the one gone all the time.

I am defrosting chicken to make a potato, pea and chicken curry, in the crockpot, this will give us access to some fairly healthy food and tomorrow some time I will grocery shop....and menu plan...I need a wife. Too bad Katie is taken she is the Martha Stewart of Whitby.

4 comments:

  1. Of course I'm reading your blog. I actually just got home from a drive through Brooklin. No cars at the studio today.

    Lunch sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah *blush* I'm up for an affair if you are? LOL That curry chick/chick pea dish sounds delish! Sounds like we're in for a good meal at that place. I wonder if they'd mind me sneaking in my own steak *wink*

    ReplyDelete