Monday, August 31, 2009

Start of a New Week

Sunday I didn't blog my food because the day was busy, I ended up back at the doctor with back pain and from there we headed to Havelock to visit our kids, who had just bought a cottage. I ate what was offered in moderation as you have to when you have no control over your food. White buns were served and were yummy, I can't remember the last time I ate white bread. I even had a very small slice of apple pie.

It was a great day, it is so nice to see your kids happy and relaxed and enjoying the fruits of their hard work, they have a 11 month old boy named Colton who is really a cutie, a very masculine boy, like his father.

I slept great last night the muscles relaxants really helped easy my back pain, so for the first time in weeks I slept through the night without much pain...I already feel my patience returning...hahaha

After a long day, I knew our fridge was bare of really healthy food, so I forced myself to do a light grocery shop....and picked up some veggies, fruit, hummus etc....this will allow me to have a great start to the week.


Breakfast = Toasted Breakfast muesli, light Havarti cheese.
Snack = Granola Bar = Misty Approved.
Lunch - Salad, with beans and grated cheese, and whatever other veggies I can throw in it.
Snack - baby carrots and hummus
Dinner = Sauteed Bean Sprouts with mushrooms, broccoli, and carrot slivers, Teriakyi sauce Chicken, I make my own Teriakyi sauce with honey, soy sauce and some thickener, a healthier alternative.

My exercise this week will depend on my health, between having Vertigo, a cold and bad back pain, this old girl has had very little exercise, after my visit to my Chiropractor I will have a better idea of my back problem.....and will plan my week from there. I can tell you that my body is craving exercise, a good workout with Misty and a strong run, will help blow the cobwebs out of my mind/

Now I will check my friends Blogs to see what they have planned.

3 comments:

  1. Sheree my parents live 15 minutes East of Havelock in Marmora on Crowe Lake.
    I'm so jealous of the white bun......I can't remember the last time I had white bread either....yum.I'm glad your back is better. You must feel great after a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lady! Drugs are good sometimes! Will you be up for running on Tuesday? I may not be the only one on the side line :(

    ReplyDelete