Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some personal info

I have been plump since my mid 20's never really really overweight but always with that bit of extra weight, I gained weight when I decided I had enough with the binging purging and the diet pills I lived on for years. Over the years I have tried so many ways to lose weight they are as follows;

1) Diet Workshop (twice)
2) Weight Watchers (4 times)
3) Holistic Nutritionists (3 times)
4) Trainers (3 times)
5) Running 1/2 marathons (5)
5) Diet Pills
6) Countless Diet Books
7) Not buying certain foods and depriving my family of these at the same time.
8) Certain weird drinks, including something that tasted like tar and made me gag.
10) drinking and not eating/smoking and not eating - yikes how did I end up so healthy today.

Each has contributed to weight loss for a period of time but always it crept back on. This year however has been one of my more successful years, slowly but surely with the help of my trainer Misty and some short runs, I have lost 14lbs, no weight gain back and my metabolism seems good, I no longer gain 5lbs if I over eat.

So this time I am going to use yoga philosophy with the help of my trainer and friends.

For example today after great feelings of frustration with my husband....I decided to meditate, for 1/2 an hour I did a silent meditation. I ended feeling refreshed and had not eaten....

Yoga would tell us everything in balance, clean food, exercise, persistence, patience, enthusiasm, support, rest, meditation etc....no one thing would be a magic cure, I seem to always do one thing at a time.

2 comments:

  1. you are on such a great path, a well rounded, whole and healthy path - this path only leads to the accomplishment of all your goals.

    The only problem with this path is that its loaded with land mines, pot holes and detours. However, each obstacle makes us stronger and our willpower that much powerful.

    Well done on beating lasts nights hurdle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks it was actually quite hard, not feeling great and my mind was telling food would make me feel better, eating a great suggested snack right now.

    ReplyDelete