Thursday, August 27, 2009

Run those lbs off

So today is the day I begin my own training again.....I have run twice with run club but today will run on my own, I am really looking forward to the feeling of my feet hitting the pavement, running is very calming for me, sometimes I can just feel the stress melt away as I begin to run....the big aaahhhhh

I am running with Misty (long legs) I am convinced I do two strides for her one and always feeling like a little kid trying to keep up with her parent.....she won't run and hold my hand....even though I beg....LOL

My food has been awesome all week, blogging and writing about it forces me into a certain discipline, yesterday I really wanted to come home and nap but had no fresh veggies in the fridge, so instead I stopped at a local market and picked up fruit and veggies.

We ate some of the best corn I had ever eaten, not slathered in butter I would like to add. Strouds Farms is open and the corn is great.

Menu Today
Breakfast - toasted English Muffin, Cinnamon and raisin, I buy the Ezekiel Brand, they are really good, nut butter, sugar free jam, 3 plums.
Snack - protein shake, in preparation for the run
Lunch - 2) Brown Rice Wraps, Tuna, spinach, a bit of yogurt dressing, cherry tomato's, sliced cucumber/
Snack - skim milk cheese string
Dinner - Chicken Breasts (Mediterranean flavour), salad, light feta....okay so I am stealing from Kyla's dinner last night.
Snack 3 brown rice cakes with light cream cheese and sugar free jam.



4 comments:

  1. How'd the run go? I have no idea how you can run with Misty! I'd need roller skates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great, she runs a little slower for me.....I puff and puff and she glides...we race at the end and I go all out she glides right by me...you are really doing well Kyla, you had a great weekend, good luck on the weekend, they are hard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you run with her either!!!!

    Thanks Sheree. This weekend I'm not too worried about. Thankfully Austin's in the same boat as I am and is looking to shed some weight - so he's all for our healthy meals. Also, we have no plans this weekend and nobody coming over.

    Next weekend will be more difficult because we'll be up at the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shouldn't be reading this now, I am getting hungry. Good work Sheree. Make sure you are eating enough calories!

    ReplyDelete