Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yesterday was actually a really hard day....all day I felt like eating something sweet, I opened the fridge door and closed it many times....I decided to have some organic rye with sugar free jam as one of my snacks, that actually helped.`

At Dinner time I was still feeling restless, I knew a protein shake was not going to fill me for the long term. My private student cancelled at the last minutes so i was in Pickering with tons of time and decided to eat there....I gave a lot of thought to what I should eat....I love sushi and really felt like eating it again, it just makes me feel good for some reason, but it also makes me really tired about an hour later...with Run club at 8:00pm I needed to have energy.....since food is an exchange of energy, I decided I needed slower burning fuel.

I went to a great Thai restaurant in Pickering called the Red House...a small little restaurant that makes amazing food.

Dinner = Tofu Stirfry in Basil sauce, it was really good and cheap...tofu is a great alternative price wise to meat. I was a vegetarian for 10 years and grew to like Tofu. I had some ginger tea (no caffeine) and fresh spring rolls. It was great and as I had hoped sustained me for the run...although I think all that fiber was creating some movement you know where.

Later I went to Starbucks with friends and pressed my nose against the goodies cooler, drooling over an organic blueberry square, Katie and Misty talked me out of it and I settle for an orange tea.

On the way home I stopped to get some great English muffins from Shoppers and picked up Brown Rice Wraps as well, at home I had 1/2 a banana, with a small amount of nut better and a Brown Rice Wrap, it has been 7 hours since my last meal and I was hungry. My daughter was cooking a Frozen Pizza that smelled really good but the Rice Wrap snack did the job.

So all in all a pretty good day..

Menu Today

Breakfast - Brown Rice Wrap, Hazelnut Butter, 1/2 a banana
Snack - Protein Shake
Lunch - Brown Rice Wrap with flavoured Tuna, lettuce, cucumber etc...small bit of yogurt dressing.
snack - not sure
Dinner - Sweet Potato Fries (Baked) BBQ'd Shrimp from M & M's and some salad, I will probably throw on some hunk of meat for my man....

Exercise - Pilates

No comments:

Post a Comment