Friday, August 21, 2009

Day Three - Feeling a bit better whew

So day three begins, I woke up only slightly dizzy this morning, thank goodness because mornings are the worst time, my vertigo seems to get better as the day wears on, although last night I was pretty woozy by bedtime.

Keeping honest is not so easy, last night the Power was off and my hunger was on....Frank was stuffing himself with peanut better and white bread, one of my comfort foods.. Then he ate two bowls of salad and then hit the chocolates all at 10:00pm. I had to leave the room for awhile. I kept thinking if I have something I don't have to blog it....but the whole goal of the blog is to keep me honest and to solicit the support of my community.

One of things I know that contributes to my weight is I can be lazy with grocery shopping so after class last night I had Frank (my driver) take me to the Super Centre where I stocked up on some fruits and veggies. Having great food at my finger tips really really helps. I noticed they are advertising locally grown veggies, that has been one of my pet peeves with them for years, when all our great produce is in season they are still purchasing from other countries. Now, if we could get locally organic grown food.

I buy most of my fruit and veggies at BC Produce in Pickering, local stuff, great owners. Then I supplement with organics where I can.

Breakfast today

Organic Oatmeal, I am going to add the egg whites suggested by Richelle Morgan, and will be topping it off with a mixture of fresh fruits, strawberries, a peach, some flax and some hemp hearts, I am really hoping the egg whites help keep me full, I love oatmeal.

Lunch - Organic Rye Bread, Tuna, and some light mayo, some baby carrots too.

Dinner - Chicken Tornado's - I defrosted too many last night, curried cauliflower & peas, maybe add some sweet potato if my driver will take me out again today.

Still planning the snacks....I have some almonds which honestly bore me to tears...but I know they are good for me, now if they are salted and roasted and covered with something yummy, then I could eat the whole bag.

Some more Pilates today, yoga still makes me dizzy, and hopefully some upper body with the weights.

I am hoping I can drive by Monday as....this is day 9 with Vertigo and being confined to the house....those of you that know me well would know how haaaaaaard that is for me.

Last night I asked Frank if he felt this had brought us closer together this opportunity, to give back to me. He said no, it is a pain in the ass....and here I thought we had been bonding all week.

9 comments:

  1. Men! Ha, nothing that a cast iron frying pan wouldn't fix LOL

    You're doing just great Sheree. You should have popped some popcorn as a snack. I sure wish that I had thought to do it before the power went off here. I was very bad with my boredom/anxious munching last night. The beer wasn't a good idea either :(

    I love this blog thing. I might give it a go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it Katie, it would be great we can share our progress and support each other. Even if my husband could pretend it would be great...hahaha, just butter me up once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sheree - here are some snack ideas that should keep you fairly honest:

    Frozen Organic Waffle topped with Soya pudding/Yoghurt, fruits, peanut butter, agave syrup and nuts, anything you like!
     


    Ezekiel tortilla (or brown rice tortillas) smeared with a BIT OF peanut butter and wrapped around a banana

    Nutspreads – try hazelnut or almond for a change.
     
    Granola bar and fruit

    10 raw almonds

    Glass of Milk

    1 cup fruit salad sprinkled with 1 Tbsp chopped pecans


    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon

    TLC crackers with low fat laughing cow cheese

    1/2 cup grapes and 1 oz low fat cheese - allegra

    1 Apple with some almond butter

    3 whole grain crackers with hummus

    1 cup fruit salad with granola

    15 baby carrots with roasted redpepper hummus/spicy hummus


    3/4 cup plain low fat yog with one tsp honey/agave

    1 cup mango sprinkled with coconut

    1 1/2 cup celery and baby carrots with low fat cottage cheese

    3/4 cup edemame

    stove popped popcorn - organic safflower oil and sea salt....watch your serving size...

    1 clementine and 1/4 cup nuts/berry mix

    1 cup mixed berries with nuts or coconut

    Smoothies: fruit, soy/rice milk, or Ceres fruit juice, and North Coast Naturals Protein shake powder
    Ingredients:
    1 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries)
    I scoop North Coast Naturals Protein shake powder
    1 Tbs. flaxseed oil
    1Tbs. ground flaxseed
    2 tsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. unsweetened cranberry juice
    1 pack of Stevia
    8 ice cubes
    1 cup water
    Blend until smooth and if needed you can add a few ice cubes to thicken it up. Make a little over sixteen ounces, so it will a good size to go cup and you can take a quick shot of the extra before you head out the door.

    You know I have faith in you, food is only food....its there to fuel us, not comfort us.

    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best Misty, this is why I love you.... I am starving after breakfast...I am going to have an apple and some hazelnut butter right now...great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheree,
    Great blog!! I have had great sucess with spinach based smoothies called Green Monster. Visit http://greenmonstermovement.com/ - I even make them for Moe - and he likes them. I use the basic recipe of 1 banana, 1 cup rice milk, 3 handfulls of spinach, whey powder, flax seed, frozen or fresh berries, ice if needed. I also add a touch of honey/agave if the bananas are not overripe.

    Hope you are feeling better, take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marci, I am going to try that for sure, and check out the url, hope your visit with your sister is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dipping my fruit into my almond butter...super yummy and keeps the hands busy. A lot of time when we are looking for something to eat, it is not because we are hungry, but because we are bored. I always suggest snacks that force you to take a little time...time to slow down and bring back the enjoyment of food. The more you have to chew, dips, cut, etc., the longer it will take you to eat and the more satisfied you will feel.
    One of my fav snacks is 2% or higher (the higher the better) plain yoghurt with frozen berries, stevia, cinnamin and tpped with some Ezikiel 4:9 granola. If you are taking on the road or to work, put the forzen berries in bottom of container and top with yoghurt and toppings. By the time you go to eat, all berries will have thawed giving a lovely sweetness to the mix.
    For your plain yougurt: do not stress about the fat content. the fat in yoghurt actually helps blood sugar levels stabilize. Be wary of gelatins and pectins in your yoghurt. Go for the 3% or med. style. I like Western and Liberte brands...yummy flavor.

    Refreshing Summer salad:
    Cilantro and Parsley - corse chop/used as lettuce
    grape tomatoes
    light feta - 1/4 cup
    red onion
    red pepper
    tuna or salmon
    lemon juice
    olive oil
    sea salt and pepper to taste
    Have brown rice wrap as a side
    Super refreshing and great for the digestive system.

    Keep at it, Sheree. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheree, your mom invited me to follow your progress. I hope you can get me inspired too. You have a great start and I'm sure you will make it. BTW I'm your Mom's South Dakota friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey jan, welcome, I figured you were a quilting buddy of moms when I saw the quilting link. I am trying to get inspiration from you guys.

    ReplyDelete