Friday, August 28, 2009

What I learned this week

Okay so a great week in many aspects, ate well, ran a bit and tonight is Small Group Training.

Here is what I learned this week.
1) I don't drink near enough water.
2) I can eat well if I stay organized and plan.
3) Naps help me to eat less, and are a way of listening to my body not my mind.
4) Stealing menu ideas from my friends Blogs helps me be creative.
5) Blogging and reading my friends Blogs really helps me to feel like I can do this, sorry to sound like a Nike Slogan.
6) Running is just plain fun
7) Doing one thing at a time is hard for me...I settled for 2 things at a time with the goal of moving towards one thing at a times...progress not perfection.

I am excited today I have a meeting with Girl's Inc. one of the charities the Durham Yoga Festival is supporting....seeing it all come together is such a relief, each year as I pull the festival together I feel overwhelmed and disorganized and yet it comes together, like magic, things just fall in to place, the right people show up, tickets get sold and the day is relaxing and enjoyable.

Today's Menu

Breakfast, raisin toast and hazelnut better sandwich, Ezekiel Brand Bread.
Morning snack - Glass of milk, 1/2 a banana
Lunch.....not sure where I will be, may call a friend for lunch....
Afternoon snack - Mango Protein Shake
Dinner - will be late, Corn, Sweet or Regular Potato's, Small Steak......

I added some extra food yesterday, I had a second brown rice wrap with some cheese and spinach, one was just not enough and after Power Yoga I had 3 Brown Rice cakes with light cream cheese and sugar free jam. 2 would have done the job but the 3rd one called my name gently.

2 comments:

  1. good job this week!

    The water thing can be hard, what I do now is before I eat breakfast I have 2 big glasses - its habit now so that takes care of maybe 3/4 litre. I think bought a 2litre container and fill it up....i leave it or take it wherever I am and it reminds me to drink. Us coffee lovers have to drink more b/c caffeine dehydrates.....

    drink up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteer for Girls Inc. it's a great organization.

    ps. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete