Sunday, August 23, 2009

EGAD....my husband planned dinner

Saturday - Okay so after a few good days being careful and all, I ran out of "good" groceries, was working all day and didn't plan dinner....in my head I had planned maybe a buying a greek salad from up the street or maybe a small sushi dinner, something light and very yummy. As I am still not driving much, my husband came to pick me up, it was 6:30pm and I was hungry.

I broached the topic of Dinner.....out came his plans, boxed bacon flavoured scalloped potato's, that he had purchased one day for .83 cents a box....yikes... and pre-cooked BBQ's pork spareribs......my thighs starting expanding at the mere thought of this dinner.

As a person on a spiritual path I try hard to stay grateful....but in this moment it was not coming.....I breathed and said "great". How was I going to Blog this high chemical/fat dinner....Frank's feelings are important (or so he tells me LOL) so I quietly simmered in the passengars seat.

At home I scoped out our very empty fridge and found 1/2 a bag of fresh peas and some cauliflower, whew fiber.....steaming both, I then threw the cauliflower on the BBQ with some olive oil and sea salt....it was really good, ate only a few ribs and maybe 1/2 a cup of the scallopped potato's and filled up on the rest. When Frank dug into a lemon pie he had bought and I tidied up to stay distracted from the pie.

I thanked him for dinner, feelings saved, dinner eaten in again in a place of peace and happiness, and we had a great night.

Today I worked until 2:00 and then headed to the grocery store with the weeks menu already planned, I find planning so helpful and ends up saving me a ton of thought time and money.

Food Today

Breakfast : Fat Free Cottage Cheese with some chopped fruit - I actually love cottage cheese..
Snack - 1/2 a turkey sandwich on Brown.
Lunch - Apple, almonds, 1/2 turkey sandwich on Brown.
Snack - 1/2 a turkey sandwich on Brown

Okay so a little boring but this was before I went grocery shopping.
Only one water so far...heading to the kitchen for more after this post.

Dinner - BBQ's lamb, Richelle's salad (I am subsituting red leaf lettuce for the cliantro, and no tuna...sorry Richelle), baked sweet potato.

I stocked up on Frozen Mango's on special today for the the protien shakes Misty has turned me on to, they are filling and yummy and I can make them at the studio.

2 comments:

  1. great work on the evasive maneuvers...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I like that you dug around for something healthy to take up most of the space on your plate! Definitely a victory!

    ReplyDelete