Sunday, August 23, 2009

I had an Amazing Day

Today was amazing...in every way except that I ate Turkey Sandwiches....all day..

.Dinner was great, we have a boarder,a big burly biker looking boarder (he moved in for a month 2 years ago). I asked him to join us for dinner and asked him to pray over the food, what a laugh we had as he, struggled to come up with a one line blessing. Dinner was great, satisfying and really fresh, the salad I was making turned into a Greek Salad, as I added some organic olive oil and red wine vinegar and skipped a few things, sorry but I just can't do lemon juice as a salad dressing, way tooo much like diet food for me, I lightly dressed the salad.

Early in the day I ran a Sutra Study (yoga threads to a happy life), so it was great sharing with some really neat women, over the past 8 months I have been doing yoga teacher training and this group of women has become very special to me, we share lots of personal stuff and tons of laughs. I am so proud of the great teachers these women are going to be.

Then Frank and I met up with some friends after dinner and it was a riot, there was genuine concern over my illness and more laughs, I have a really great community of friends.

Frank even held my hand.....in front of people, unprompted, I really think being sick and me relying on him and has affected him in some way....I asked him if he felt this and he said no... it has been a pain in the ass but his actions have been awesome....

Right now he is upstairs woofing down more macaroons, but I am safely in the basement....far away from the smell and temptation.

Two of my friends started Blogs about their journey and weight loss so now we have a little blogger community, it was great to read their stories. I can see their Blogs will be a big help to me.

Tomorrows Menu

Egg White Omelet with mushrooms, red onion and a bit of goat cheese.
Once slice of rye toast.
Snack - cheese string and fruit
Lunch - Sushi rolls, miso soup, salad, I am a sushi addict but go at lunch time because it is way cheaper, so I am a cheap sushi addict, I plan on having Spicy Tuna rolls, AC rolls and California Rolls, it is a lunch special.
Snack - had a nap instead
Dinner - Flattened Chicken, Salad with yogurt dressing, roasted new potato's in olive oil and various spices
Treat - one scoop of sugar free almond crunch ice cream from Baskin & Robbins, in a cup, no cone.

4 comments:

  1. Sushi! *drool* My old time favourite is spicy salmon rolls. Where do you get lunchtime sushi? I think you are a strong woman, really! Hiding from macaroons without shooting Frank dirty looks. Amazing! Ken's head would likely explode even with me in another room LOL

    I'm formulating my eating plan right now. Will post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katie 5:18 am and blogging...if I was awake that early I would be pissed off....I go to Akashia in Ajax....love it, I don't do all you can eat sushi, spicy salmon is a close second to my favorite, or spicey butterfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your sushi too.....It's hard to come by up here in Port Perry.
    Great day Sheree!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we will all have to do sushi some day....a group blogger lunch, a celebration of our journey....when the kids are back in school (yours not mine) there is a pretty good place in North Oshawa, not too far from Port Perry,

    ReplyDelete