Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On being sick

Okay so as I head into day 14 with a cold I am reminded of my need for patience....one more day of coughing and feeling blocked...sigh...no workouts with Misty...no long runs with Katie...just sniffles.

Last night I ran with the new beginner group and spent most of my time coughing and trying not to let my bladder go while I was simultaneously running and coughing....perhaps I should have just attached Go Girl to my body as a spout for the night. Upon coming back I nursed myself with way too much of Katies cake (2 pieces) and then soaked in a hot bath..where I became inspired by reading an old copy of Runners World.

I pulled out 2 recipes from in and tonight will make one. I have a great vegetarian chili simmering now and some brown rice in the rice cooker.

Tomorrow I am supposed to start trail running with my wise friend Dan, luckily he hasn't run in a year, I hope not to pee myself while running with him....

Breathe, relax and let go, my mantra while I sick.........I have completely finished a bottle of wild oil of oregano....so much for it's promised miracle cure....Breathe, relax let go. I am not so good at being sick....off to shower and eat some chili

3 comments:

  1. Um if you plan to wear a Go Girl while running please keep an arm's length from me. Puddles are one thing...Urine quite another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor baby isn't feeling well. Awwwww. Hugs hugs hugs. Maybe you need one of Harold's remedies. Let me know. Some of them are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh...Mom I am tired of feeling sick

    ReplyDelete