Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thailand with Martha Stewart aka Katie

So now that is is official I am going to Thailand I am finding out that I have a couple secret admirers...hmmm I rarely think of myself from the point of view of being attractive to men.

But I have had a few offers of companions on my trip to Thailand...men who would love to come stay with me for a week, in tropical paradise, without the knowledge or consent of my husband.

I have to laugh at this...in a way...somehow my vision of tropical paradise involves doing yoga, chanting and chilling on the beach...the vision never included a man at my side...I am still debating whether or not I really really want my husband to come or I am just using his company to quiet my fears.

Now I love men and consider myself a great wife....but there comes a time when honestly they become less the central focus of your life...I have spent my entire life either wanting a relationship, being in a relationship or trying to make a relationship work. Seems like I have had one ongoing, and overlapping relationship since I was 18, which is 31 years ago.

So should I take a "lover" to Thailand he is going to have to be very very accommodating LOL.

It would definitely entail me being served coffee in bed, and maybe some hot baths being drawn, hmmm perhaps I could have this man keep the room clean and do some laundry while I am at classes, wouldn't it be great to come home from school to a meal or at least the restaurant planned. I love to hike so a hiking companion would be fun and safe....some lavender oil rubbed into my dry skin...hmmm this picture is getting better.

My days will be full while I am away there are classes and lectures every day and every evening, leaving me Sunday off. That might be a good day to have a romantic encounter if I can still move after doing around 30 or so hours of yoga the week before....I was imagining sitting by the pool, relaxing with some water , a book, and enjoying a great nap.

So as I write this and it becomes very clear I need a wife in Thailand not a lover..it becomes even more clear that Katie should fly to Thailand with me....the Martha Stewart of Whitby could take on Thailand with a storm...

Now there are ton of things I would love to write in this Blog, but my mother reads it and it is far too public to let my full sense of humour be exposed...that I save for coffee dates with my girlfriends.

I mean because there are some handy things a man could provide that Katie can't and a month is a long time.

4 comments:

  1. Ah nice to know I'm loved but not LOVED....! LOL I tell ya'what. I'll train your man servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Train my man servant, that might work...can you find me a man servant first ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing that you could write that would shock your mother. She probably has already thought of what a man might be useful for when his wifely duties of housework etc. are done. I've lived a lot longer so probably have some ideas that you haven't even thought of yet. You may have taken the classes but I've read the books. At my age, I might be happy with a wife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Mom, perhaps I couldn't shock you....one of my friends last night suggested that taking a Canadian man to Thailand, where there will be men from all over the globe is like taking hamburger to a Sushi Bar...

    I might have a friend fly in for the last couple of weeks a female friend...

    ReplyDelete