Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trail Running

I have always ran trails here and there, mostly by myself but last year I just decided no more I was risking too much by running trails by myself. So when Jocelyn approached me about a trail running clinic I was really excited.

Last night we went to Heberdown early to mark out the trail and what a great experience, I love the soft ground and the hills (up and down) and just the sheer beauty of the trails. I am not sure if there is a place I feel more connected to the universe then on trails.

It really hit me last night just as I climbed the stairs at Heberdown, I turned around to go back down and was hit with this sense of peace. The different shades of green, the trees, everything just felt so right. It was so quiet.

I am so glad I have booked Wednesday nights for trail running, it was part of my commitment to myself to do fun things I really like to do and I know I will not regret it.

I happily taught my late class last night with mud on my shins a reminder of last nights run.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good trail run! Connecting with nature is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete