Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A little late night snack blew my great track record.

Some melted cheese on flatbread a couple slices of genoa salami and some cucumber slices . I have been trying not to eat late at night but after teaching back to back classes last night I was hungry and went for the high fat food that I love. Looking over the day I realise that my dinner of reheated veggies left over from Saturday night was absent of protien which left me starving shortly after.

But I still made the choice to go for the high fat cheese and salami, justifying it, by convincing myself, that running 14k the day before had earned me this little "treat".

I am usually the one saying that is off centered thinking, you don't earn food, you eat for energy and vitality....earning food is some sort of weird reward system like earning a beer or earning a cigarette etc.....next I will be earning scotch.....

Melted cheese on anything is a real weakness of mine.......I always try to think of HALT...(hungry, angry, lonely and tired), when one or more of these are occruing in me at any given time I am weak and prone to making choices that aren't in my best interest.

Last night I was hungry and oh so tired...hence my little "fat fest"....

However I am also not into beating myself up....I feel great today and with some preplanning will have healthy snacks in my fridge and better protein at my meals.

Todays Menu

Breakfast Pita, apple, low fat Havarti
Lunch - Brown Rice Wrap, tuna salad with spinach.
Dinner - Grilled Chicken on Salad, with some grated cheese, and veggies.
Somewhere during the day I will will have some snacks, maybe some almonds or a protien shake.

Spinning today, my run is cancelled due to a Birthday celebration tonight and a busy day of private students.

No comments:

Post a Comment