Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Spinning Adventure

My Blogging has dropped off a bit because I am busy at the studio and moving so my time is a little scare...plus I decided I needed more personal exercise so I have added some spinning and Pilates to my workout. I am down one more lb making it a total of 8 lbs since I started the Blog.....not what I wanted but still 8 lbs less...from this point on my goal is 10 more lbs so that my goal total is 18lbs.....

I am not spinning wool, I am spinning my big body on a stationary bike in front of a cute 20 year old who keeps smiling at me and encouraging me on....this 20 something instructor has a waist about as big as my thigh and probably one of the cutest behinds I have ever seen. With her great smile and gorgeous face...just walking in the room is intimidating.

So around her is a semi circle of bikes and on these Bikes are women like me 40 and 50 something with a little extra padding on the seats (not our bike seats), she guides us to close our eyes and set our intention for the class, she flashes an amazing smile and encourages us to push hard when we can but to work within our limits....work hard but not too hard...

I look at her and smile....she doesn't know that I will be racing her the whole class....yes this old girl has some spirit in her still....with my kind smile I let her think I am nervous of the class.....I don't want her to know my intention is to kick her ass...then I watch her like a hawk....if she calls for a 1/2 turn I give it a 3/4 or full turn when her legs speed up I match or exceed her....my face gets bright red....sweat pours down the crack of my butt and my hair starts to get frizzy....she keeps smiling and never breaks a sweat...she takes us out of our seats....up hill we are going, sweat is flying everywhere on me....she still looks like a model....she smiles at me but doesn't realize I am winning...I have extra tension and my legs are going faster....my face is purple but that's okay...class is over she congratulates us on the hard work, not realizing that I have won....I tell her great class as I while the sweat drops off the bike....see you next week I say...

Food today....

Breakfast - Sunflower Toast, Cashew butter and sugar free jam.
Latte
Snack - cheese string
Lunch - cottage cheese, fruit salad with some hemp granola.
Snack - apple
Dinner - stuffed chicken, carrots, couscous.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when the next class is and I'll be there with my camera. You need to post photos with your blogs. I want one of your face purple and the sweat flying.

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too true....that little tensioner is the bain of my existence! I am grateful noone can really tell how high/low I have set it -

    Looking forward to spinning with you soon

    ReplyDelete