Friday, November 13, 2009

My Wild and Crazy Friday nights

When I was in my early teens I dreaded Friday nights, another weekend without a date sigh....heading back to school on Monday to report that nothing happened all weekend was such a drag...in my late teens I discovered bars, boys and drinking and then I lived for Friday nights...weekends were never dull. Later Friday nights were a rest from the week of work, a drink with my first husband and then to bed early to recover from the week. Later I looked forward to Friday nights because it meant the weekend with my kids...I loved hanging out with them on the weekends cooking and cycling and whatever else the weekend brought us. Sometimes Friday night meant the kids were going to their other parents and Frank and I would have a weekend for just the two of us.

So now I don't drink, my kids have left home and I work on weekends...what do I do on Friday nights ? I work out with Misty... oh yeah...small group training. I end the week with lunges, strength training and more fun then you could imagine..AB work. It gets better....I now also take Sanskrit lessons, so after my workout I meet with a small group of yoga teachers and learn the Sanskrit language...Hugh Peacock a local yoga teacher guided us tonight through the alphabet, and more. I have to admit it was interesting and fun...


OM
ASATOMA SADGAMAYA
TAMASOMA JYOTHIRGAMAYA
MRITHYORMA AMRUTANGAMAYA
OM SHANTI, SHANTI, SHANTI

Lead us from darkness to light
From ignorance to truth
And from death to eternity
Let peace prevail everywhere

Food today
Breakfast Sunflower toast with hazelnut better and sugar free jam
Lunch - Sushi rolls, miso soup
dinner - Omelet with spinach and grated cheese, used 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, sunflower toast with real butter, a little treat.
Snack - cereal with banana and skim milk

No comments:

Post a Comment