Monday, November 16, 2009

If only I could sit a water spider on my face

I have some stuff coming up that makes me feel nervous, discussions, meetings etc... that I would rather hide from then deal with...but...part of being successful and/or being a grown-up is conquering fear...I have learned over the years that I must not let fears shut me down...I try to do this (not always successfully).

In fact while I was blogging this I stopped called my lawyer and asked for some advice on how to proceed....now back to fear...lots of things scare me....spiders scare the poop out of me...I was trying to brush a small one of the ceiling in my studio and it feel, I screamed and jumped to the other side...the spider was no bigger then my baby finger nail....a little silly I know...

Friday night in bed I was reading a yoga mag and the article was about dropping in to wheel pose backward from standing....yikes I thought...it suggested you start by walking down a wall with your hands into the back bend...Saturday I shared this fear and the article with some students....one offered to spot me...my heart started to race, who says yoga is not a cardio workout.....sweat came up on my brow...okay I said lets try. I was about a foot from the ground and I froze... I couldn't go any farther my mind was panicking....

Sunday I conquered a different very difficult pose, from headstand you drop your legs to a 90 degree angle and hold, it takes tremendous strength to hold this pose, but I manager to hold it for about a minutes...I was excited...another limit pused. I dared wheel again and this time walked all the way down the wall, I hestite partway down and then pushed past it.

My first yoga teacher used to tell me that once I got over fear in a posture that teh courage would manifest in other areas of my life....I look forward to this...maybe one day I will be able to let a water spider sit on my face for 30 seconds... eh Misty...
I am still feeling sick from the picture.

Food Today
Breakfast - peanut butter and jam on whole wheat....desperate for groceries.
Lunch - spinach salad with some grated feta and organic olive oil as a dressing
Beef tenderloin - 2 oz sauteed with mushrooms, carrot slivers, bean sprouts and soy sauce.
Dinner - protien shake, spinach salad
Snack - cereal

2 comments:

  1. lol....how grotesque that spider was!!

    But maybe one day we can make peace with water spiders and look into their 8 tiny eyes, and stroke their 6 hairy legs and tickle their fat, hairy backs and not throw up in our hands....

    miracles do happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is not on my list of things to make peace with, it is disgusting big hairy spiders must have been a mistake.

    ReplyDelete