Friday, November 20, 2009

Running to Freedom

Yesterday I woke up in a fog....my eyes felt heavy and even after 8 hours of sleep I felt like crawling back into bed. T

hursdays I work a long day, I start at 10 and get home around 10pm in the evening, I teach 3 classes and have private students....in between students I work on courses I am writing....

I also had a run on my schedule, my training for the marathon has started, albit slowly it is a 6 month training plan something that I can manage with my schedule....running seemed like the last thing I wanted to do...to add to my tiredness was the rain....it was dreary and wet....

The need to run kept popping in my head, part of running and training for an event is self discipline....getting over that mental hump and just getting out there.....I was struggling in my mind....

Around Dinner time I decided to go for it....just as I opened the door it started to pour...I sighed....my hair looked great and I still had 2 classes to teach...what to do.....I closed the door and just stood there, to run or not.....I decided to go, I grabbed an old t-shirt and wrapped it around my head...out I went....it stopped raining as hard and was just raining lightly.....my tiredness ached in my body....so I ran real slow....it was hard...then suddenly I hit this groove a very unexpected groove and the run became pleasureable...all the stress dropped off and I felt young free and started running a bit faster, I ditched the t-shirt hat becuase now I didn't care about my hair I was running for the love of running. I jumped puddles and knocked water off tree branches with my hands I was loving it...I could have run forever but had to go back to the studio to prepare.....

I felt great....at the studio I looked at my unmade up face and my wet (now curly) hair and thought I looked great...I left it that way for the night....

I am so grateful that I can run and that I overcame the obstacle course of my mind to get there...I needed that run

Food Today

Banana Wrap
Greek Salad
Protien Shake
Cereal
2 apples.

Have an awesome weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sheree, that's so awesome. Very inspiring. Which race are you training for? Half or full?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, I am doing both 1/2 in the spring, full in the fall....

    ReplyDelete