Friday, January 29, 2010

Day Five of my 30 Day Yoga Challenge

I have managed to do a personal practice every day but generally it has been short and at the end of the day.

Last night I did a series of back bends focusing on Camel Pose, this is a challenging pose for me, with my tight shoulders and thighs, I have to really prepare and open my body before doing this pose. It felt good to be in my studio quietly opening my body, releasing tension in those tight areas, once completed I could feel the tingling of energy throughout my body.

I really love Pilate's too so I have decided to alternate between yoga and Pilates, Pilates has its roots in yoga but is very rehabilitative for my SI joint which flares up now and then.

Today I will do a Pilates DVD which I hope will inspire some new postures into my routine. I may still end my day with a little gentle yoga I am working on opening my tight areas, which are my thighs, shoulders, and hips....

I made Beef Stew for my husband this morning and the smell is amazing, it is an recipe that my Mom used to make and is still the best beef stew I have ever eaten. I may or may not eat it, depends on how I feel later. I need good energy for my workout with Misty tonight.


Breakfast

Protein Shake
Apple with Almond Butter
Lunch - Salad with Tuna and grated cheese, yogurt dressing.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom still uses the same stew recipe but she substitutes faux beef for the stewing beef. We had it last week with dumplings and turnip served on the side. I add parsnips to the stew now. I LOVE my parsnips.

    ReplyDelete