Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Buddha Belly


I woke up this morning and felt this Buddha belly on me, grabbing it with both hands I thought to myself where did this come from ? I have been running and working out and still this belly started to grow. I sucked in my gut but soon stopped breathing, hmmm I thought....maybe I have put on weight....I resisted the urge to weigh myself right away and then I finally jumped on the scale..yikes I was up, I kicked off my sandals....still up....off came my pajama bottoms....still up, finally my top went flying across the room...now I am standing naked in my change room on my scale, it is not warm and still I am up. Not much, nothing drastic but still up.

Scrambling to get dressed and to get warm, the truth floated up from deep within. My portions have crept up and so have my snacks the box of protein bars I bought to sell, well, I ate most of them....sigh....thoughts of the Pringles Potato Chips I shared with Frank while watching TV floated into my head. What about those almonds ? While a handful is a great snack I ate HANDFULS...butter has slowly crept back into my diet. All in all it has been little habits slipping back and the scale is showing it.

Not that I look bad or even really feel bad but weight gain is one of my problems, so I need to carefully watch it. When I am not paying attention to my food and weight I easily put on weight.

So now I need to lose a few more lbs, 13 to 14 now in total, I have added my 3 to 4 lb gain to my goal.

I will do this the yogic way, I will make small sustainable changes to my diet, I will go to bed earlier, and drink more water, I will track my food again because that seems to keep me honest. I will not set a goal date or really even focus on the end goal I will just try to enjoy the healthier changes I am making in my life. I could really use more water and getting to bed earlier.


In the old days this would have made me panic, and cut way back on calories or vow to run farther and harder, but as I practice Ahimsa (non-violence) on myself I realize that this is but a blip in the journey, weight goes up and down and so be it, the last thing in the world I need is more exercise. A gentle nudge to get myself back into a more disciplined life is all I need.

My container of water sits beside me as I write this, I am not exercising today as it was a planned rest day, and my menu is planned.

What is more important is how happy I feel...

So today's food

BreakfastToast with peanut butter and sugar free jam
Snack: Kasha Bar
Lunch: Spinach Salad, with bean sprouts, 1/2 a can of salmon, a slice of avocado and yogurt dressing.
Snack : latte with skim milk, banana
Dinner: Sushi, salad

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you think, Sheree! I love how positive you are! I have absolute confidence that you will reach your goals, especially if happiness is at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete