Monday, January 25, 2010

How My Day Really Went

Earlier today I blogged about relaxing and some restorative yoga, maybe some gentle dusting. At the time my intentions were just that. Some how shortly after blogging I decided to do some meal preparation, so I chopped and boiled and baked, soon my kitchen was a mess of pots. I started washing the dished and realized I was actually enjoying it, the hot hot water felt great on my hands and the motions of washing the dished seemed soothing, I watched the brook in my back yard for awhile and thought I lucky I was to have such a great view while I washed dishes. My pasta dish was delicious.

Alas the squash didn't do so well, I had decided to bake some squash, maybe for dinner maybe for soup. around 11:00 I placed it in the oven. Around 4:15 when I got up from my nap I smelt burnt stuff in my kitchen, I realised I hadn't turned the oven off and figured something on the bottom must have gotten burnt, so I turned the oven off.

Around 5:40 when I was telling some students why the house smelt a bit still, I suddenly realized that the squash was in the oven still, I had cooked the squash for about 5 hours. It is now outside on the back porch.

After the dishes I decided to do some yoga with an old favorite of mine Rodney Yee, not restorative yoga, but I figured I would try it and just see how I felt. I decided to do yoga in just my underpants because I didn't feel like going upstairs to put yoga clothes on.

I threw off my pj's and did some yoga some I heated up and I figured, naked yoga is the way to go so off came my underpants, I was tucked away in a small room and the door was locked.

I started working through a series of intermediate postures, which included handstand, scorpion (at a wall) and headstand, I practiced naked. In downward dog I looked back at my thighs and thought.....not bad...it wasn't until I went into shoulder stand and all my girly parts came crashing down that I started to laugh, what a sight I must have been, naked shoulder stand when carrying a bit of extra weight is just too funny.

The experience all in all was great, clothes can be a little uncomfortable.

Around 3:00 I went for my much needed nap....then for some reason I totally forgot to eat dinner, and ended up teaching for 3 hours really really hungry. After the late class I had a chicken breast and some toast with butter. Not what I had planned but it was fast and filling.

Truthfully it was a great day, however the memory lapses must go with the fluctuating hormones or maybe overwork. Tomorrow is almost a day off. I plan on doing yoga every day for 30 days just to connect with myself. I feel I need more yoga and quiet time in my life. I may visit with Rodney again or head out to a local studio.

So I am heading into 30 days of asanas....as a way of quieting down and thinking about my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sheree, I should tell you what happened to my first batch of buns, yesterday (carefully omitted from my blog LOL). You are not the only one with memory lapses :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good so maybe it is not old age....as you are young still....

    ReplyDelete