Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How I Trick Myself

Always my mind is my worst enemy.....it can make me slothful, envious, angry...you get the point. My mind is like a highway of random thoughts most that make no sense.

Over the years I have learned to ignore most of what I think and also to find ways to trick myself.

Yesterday was a full day, a good day, but by the end I was tired. Immediately my mind started saying...."skip spinning"...."relax tomorrow"....but truthfully my body feels great, strong and fit. Plus I am carrying a few extra lbs that I am not wanting to stay on my body that long, seems like the longer you carry the extra the harder it is to get off. Spinning will help with the weight, I like the instructor, I enjoy the experience, and it is time with my friend Misty.

Timidly and really hoping she would say no....I emailed Misty to confirm our spinning date, I then went to bed.

As I crawled out of bed and forced coffee to my lips I, I checked my email for Misty's response. We are on for spinning...whew...sending that email last night was the right thing to do. I woke up this morning feeling amazing all the Pilates has had an impact, plus the naked yoga yesterday really pulled some tension and stress out of my body....I love yoga for the way it affects my mind.

So look out Misty, the race is on..........I will be wearing a better bra this week that is for sure LOL

Todays Energy

Ezekial toast, with organic peanut butter and sugar free jam.
Snack - Protien shake with water and pineapple. (trying to use up some really ripe pineapple).
Lunch - Salad, with Tuna, grated cheese (just a bit) and just a bit of yogurt dressing.
Dinner - Egg White Omelette, with spinach, mushrooms and just a bit of light feta.

I like to have a small bowl of cereal before bed but I may skip it to help with the weight loss, maybe just a glass of skimmed milk after running....we will see.

Today I am spinning, yoga and running......maybe today will be the restorative class.

No comments:

Post a Comment