Wednesday, January 27, 2010










There are moments in my life when I feel like the world and I am perfect just as we are and that I am floating in this great vast energtic place in harmony with all. There are moments (probably more) when I feel tense, frustrated with my husband and unsettled with where I am in my life.


Yesterday I felt these two extremes.



Around 10:30 last night I still hadn't done my personal yoga practice, day two of my 30 day yoga challenge and I already was behind. I decided to do some restorative yoga and invited my husband to join me. That fact that he joined me was the first surprise. We turned on our electric fireplace, some candles and did a supine pranayama (breathing exercise), this worked like a dream I felt relaxed an open, I focussed on really following the breath and connecting to the openess it brings to my body. We then did some gentle yoga included some partner yoga and ended with a seated heart chakra meditation where we placed our palms together and exchanged energy.




During the yoga session our dogs joined us in the room and their energy was amazing. After the yoga we laid on the mats and bolster discussing our lives and the journey so far, it was relaxed and very intimate as I easily shared some of my fears with my husband, his response was tender and well thought out. It has been a long time since I felt safe to be open with him.

I wonder why we drift so far apart at times when truly there is deep love and respect in our relationship.

The word yoga is Sanskrit for the word union, literally translated it means " to yoke ". Last night I experienced union on many levels.

Union for me comes and goes much like the sun, it is always there but sometimes hidden by clouds or nightfall, I must wait for it to shine again. I know this .......yet when it is dark I often lack faith that it will shine again.




Energy for Today




Breakfast - rye toast with almond butter and sugar free jam.


Lunch - Salad with tuna or left over chicken


Snack - apple,


Dinner - hmmmm need to plan




yoga for one hour today, no running.


No comments:

Post a Comment