Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Women in my life

This Blog post is inspired by Katies's Facebook post last week. I too have inspiring and amazing women in my life. I don't know how I would have survived the last year or so without the support of these women. In support I just mean their friendship, their great listening skills and the unconditional love I felt.

I have always had female friends, I am a women's women, meaning that while I love guys, I don't hang out with them. My best friends are women. I just relate to them.

I just had a great phone conversation with Kyla, to make a long story short she has become a great friend. She walked into my studio 2 1/2 years ago and we just clicked, in fact she used to stay so long after class talking to me, my husband would question my tardy arrival at home. Kyla and I would joke that she was my Wednesday night lover. Kyla now is a teacher at my studio, from that Wednesday night class to a yoga teacher, I love that.

Kyla cares so much she is at home planning and plotting how I can build my studio and overcome what is a tremendous amount of competition in Brooklin.

Now I could be here all day talking about the women who have inspired me this year but I am "bricking" with Misty soon....bricking is not the skill of brick laying it is the arduous task of cycling a long distance, then hopping off your bike and running...a hobby of the insane according to a hilarius quote I found on the Internet (which I am going to have to find again and post).

I am sure this fall I will be in a duathalon...my first...maybe I will find one in conjunction with my approaching milestone..my 50 birthday which is in September. I have planned a great year for myself, I am heading to Thailand as a little B-Day gift to myself, as well, there are a few races I will enter...soon...my placing will get better in races. As there are fewer women in their 50's running races then women in their 40's.

So I am off to choose comfortable bricking clothes.....fill my belly with a protein shake and I will report back on my first experience transitioning from bike to road....sigh...

As a final thought, I am reminded that someone thought I was Misty's mother.... there is a 19 1/2 year age difference so bricking with Misty is a reversal of roles....I run behind her trying to keep up....as if I was the child and her the other...it is hilarious. I secretly wish she would just grab my hand and pull me along.

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! You're a friend magnet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....oh contraire!! Who added in the tri dips, ab work and push ups! You were full of joie de vivre today and my upper body is going to pay for that....hahaha

    you are a total brick queen and an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys, Kyla needs a Saturday night out to blow off steam and have some fun...her husband is still into some heavy overtime....we must plan to help her get rid of the "stresswebs" in her mind....

    Hey Misty, was that not great today...just think we are repeating part of it tonight...

    ReplyDelete