Monday, May 24, 2010

I Made It

I made it to my first full day off in a couple of weeks...I am sitting at my computer drinking coffee in my pj's. The last couple of weeks have been full, too full.

I found out a couple of things about myself, one is that last week I just started to get bitchy...being too busy made me stressed and impatient inside...I managed to hide most of it but I really really heard this inside voice loud and clear. I remember always feeling this way so it was a real remember when.

Plus, I ate junkier food, simply because I didn't make the time to grocery shop...it is so easy to reach for unhealthy food when you are busy and tired.

I did make time for some personal exercise, which was good, aside from running 3 times with the Run Club I ran with Misty on Friday and cycled with her on Tuesday. These moments were probably my saving grace...a time to clear my head and work off the junkier food.

I also got enough sleep...I went to bed between 10 and 11 each night, I know that sleep is a big factor for me....if you combine stress, bad food, feeling bitchy, with no sleep...I am not sure what kind of red headed monster would have been released.

So I would say that when under stress my weakness is eating properly and maintaining my patience.

I ended the week with the perfect day....our run club ran their graduation run and I went down to shoot some pictures and cheer them on...it was great being a spectator, I got sooo excited when I would see one of our runners or perhaps an old acquittance's from my Running Room days.



We had a celebration lunch at a local Mexican restaurant...and I then I forced myself to go grocery shopping for the fruits and veggies, even though I was exhausted.



For the end of a perfect day we rented Tooth Fairy and borrowed 3 of our grandchildren for the night, Frank picked up our daughter Lori and we ate pop corn and just hung around.
It was the perfect night. the movie was really good, the kids were amazing and Lori is just a great energy to be around. I felt so grateful to be a part of the MacKinnon family.

Tonight is also about family....we are taking our youngest son Jacob and our daughter Margaux with their respective partners out for Sushi.....just writing about spending time with our kids makes my eyes tear up.

When I was young I made choices, one of those choices was to only have one child, at the time it was the right choice, but years later I was blessed with 5 step kids and they have brought so much into my life...but that would be another whole blog....

Today is about laundry, cleaning bathrooms and a short run by myself.....oh and maybe a walk with the dogs and Frank.

2 comments:

  1. you made it through! phew - its a nice feeling to know that you are past that time. When I am going through an overloaded work period this image of me trying to push a behemoth rock pops into my minds eye. I feel like I am pushing out tonnes of energy so I guess thats my brains way of putting imagery to it - lol.
    After I am done pushing so hard, I feel proud that I did it, and relieved that I get to slow down for a little while.

    I must say tho, having Katie around has removed some of those huge rocks from my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I am the Shizzzzt :)

    Glad you made it through your busy period Sheree. Call me whenever you've got a moment to yourself. Missed the fun this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete