Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tick Tock...

So it is shameful to admit but I have only had one day off since my last post...being busy stifles my creatively and when I try to blog I can only think about how busy I am...that gets a little boring, several times I sat down to blog and thought...boring...or even worse sometimes I thought "God this is so self righteous"...so I deleted them.

I am now officially winding down...I am not teaching any weekend courses until September and quickly took a Friday class off my schedule that I thought I wanted to teach. I have decided that Fridays are sacred, they are my day and a well earned day off as I teach 13 classes plus run club from Monday to Thursday...

I love my Fridays off, I get up and drink coffee, I putter around as only a woman can putter and then I head to the Beaches for a yoga class with David G.

David G. is a renowned teacher in Toronto, one of the very few certified Ashtanga teachers, I am loving his class, his energy and the day to myself in T.O.

Sometimes I grab lunch and other days I just try to beat the weekend traffic but no matter what I decide, the yoga class centers me. I am learning tons and deepening my practice.

Yoga is about quieting the mind stuff and I have mind stuff...the difference inside my head before and after the class is remarkable, I am more relaxed, centered, happy and my inside voices are too.

Wow this yoga stuff really works, practicing what you preach is always a good idea.

So why the tick tock ?....it is my countdown to my trip to Thailand, I leave July 17 and return August 20th. It is a trip I deserve, I work hard and for many other reasons that are too personal to blog about In fact my trip to Thailand is more of a calling for me...I feel drawn to Thailand. I have met Swami Vivenkanda and his teachings make sense to me, my mind can buy what he is saying, that is important.

I am heading out for a 30k cycle and hope to be blogging about my trip this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment