Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last Nights Run


I have to admit after a spinning class, teaching a hot yoga class, and then doing a 2 hour Pilate's training class....the thought of running was making me sigh....


I love the run club the energy is great, I have been running with a woman named Marnie, who amazes me in some ways. Our conversations are great.


As we warmed up I realised that I was okay, the energy was there, we ran up Cassels Rd in Brooklin a long hill, not too steep but about 1/2 kilometer long, we talked the whole way, at the top I realised it had been easy. Sometimes I avoid this hill, I can also remember running it in the summer with Misty and huffing and puffing. It's nice to see these little improvements.


Hills were always my strong point, I don't like them, but could barrel up them in no time...I just like to get them done....so seeing my strength back was great.


2 years ago I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue.....fatiguing it was. I could barely run and soon lost my strength, my runs were short and not that often.


At the time of the diagnosis I was working way too much, my weight shot up and mornings were difficult as my exhausted Adrenal Glands were not producing enough Adrenalin to get me out of bed.


It has taken a lot to deal with this problem, major changes in my life, including my relationship with my husband....realising that I can't do it all and starting to scale back wasn't easy. And is an ongoing challenge.


Occasionally along the road I have had set backs but, they are fewer and fewer now.


I know many women suffer from this problem without even knowing it as we all tend to do too much.


Back to last nights run....it was mild and there was light snow, Marnie is great to run with, an easy uncomplicated person. Every once in a while we would meet other Brooklin Run Club members, and receive a smile and a wave, or a funny comment.


So once again I experienced the union of running, a sense of self connection, a sense of community and a sense of the vastness of the universe on a gorgeous Canadian winter evening.


Namaste,




No comments:

Post a Comment