Monday, February 22, 2010

Kama

I can't believe it has been 17 days since my last post, this month has been a whirlwind for me. I have taken on few new private students as well was teaching a make up course for some of the teacher trainees. I am happy but very busy...sometimes busy is good but recently I have begun to feel very tired again so I know I am too busy....

I am teaching about the 4 aims of life, Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha...which translate as Duty, Prosperity, Pleasure and Freedom. One of the things I love about writing and teaching is that if forces me to think about my life. The 4 aims of life are considered universal guidelines to life, working on keeping these in balance is not always so easy.

At any given time one of these aims may overtake another....making your life unbalanced...maybe you work to hard and don't play enough...or seek too much pleasure..which of your actions limits your freedom. In determining this you must ask yourself is what I am doing nourishing my soul or leaving me feeling empty and wanting more or something else.

Right now my work seems to way exceed my pleasure....but I am focusing on changing that, little trip to Briars for a weekend with my husband, made me realize how nice it is to lie around, swim and be served great food. Well I can't always afford that kind of luxury I can find ways to bring more pleasure into my life. Today for example I went to a local yoga class, I really like the teacher, it is a gentle class led by a woman who has a great sense of humor combined with yogic knowledge, I find myself laughing and enjoying some of her comments. After that I went to Chaptors and picked up a book I have been looking for Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, written by B.K.S. Iyengar...already I can see that I am going to love that book.

I have also booked myself into a spring yoga retreat...ahhha just me and my mat...followed by some time in Picton with my husband, cycling and resting. Yoga retreats area great holiday they are inexpensive the food is always divine and they seem to pull the stress out of my body.

I am also giving up one of my classes so I can trail run with friends...letting go is not easy but I am committed to adding some fun time back in my life....I hope....I can let goooooo......

I feel my bed calling my name...nap time

Namaste,

No comments:

Post a Comment