Friday, February 5, 2010

The Food I love

I been doing my Dharma (duty) this week by taking care of the household, well, grocery shopping is one of those things I tend to leave to the last possible minute, I should look at it with joy, a way to find good energy to sustain me, but I don't. Yesterday was one of those days that I preplanned some meals and went out and made the purchases necessary to prepare them.

I love food that tastes good and is healthy too, Misty has given me some good suggestions, and I am in love with the Brown Rice Wraps that Richelle suggested. The 10 years that I spent as a vegetarian really helped me evolve as an eater and branch out.

As I type this I have an organic apple cut up beside me and some toasted raisin and pecan Ezekiel bread, with a bit of almond butter. It is a delicious breakfast and will provide great energy to my body.

My fridge is stocked, organic spinach and salad greens make a great base for salads which I love with tons of stuff in them. I have a huge bag of organic baby carrots and I bought hummus yesterday, normally I love to make hummus but yesterday decided to buy it, it is not as good as homemade but not bad.

I was impressed with the meal I had last night, I love chicken souvlaki on Pita, so last night I made a healthier version of it.

I cooked chicken breasts and sliced them. On a lightly warmed brown rice wrap I spread a little tzaziitki, some light grated feta cheese, salad greens, green pepper and tomato, I topped it with some of the sliced chicken.
It was great, very tasty, healthy and sustained me through the teaching of 3 classes. At 9:00 I was a bit hungry so I had some plain yogurt with blueberries and a tablespoon of granola.

Energy Today

Breakfast, organic apply, Ezekial raison and pecan bread, almond butter.
Snack - carrots, cucumber with tzatziki and hummus
Lunch - Veggie Chili, on brown rice I am going to mix in a couple of handfuls of organic spinach when I reheat the chili.
Snack - not sure depends on my activity, maybe a cheese string and another apple.
Dinner - Maui Maui, Salad Greens, I am going to make this yummy dressing from an old Vegetarian cooking book I have it has olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and vinegar, it mixes well with the greens is really good.

Tonight I am working out with Misty and have decided not to do a planned run because I have an high activity level this weekend and need energy. That too is something I am doing well right now, watching my activity level and saving energy for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment