Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So what am I learning

I came to Thailand for many reasons, both personal and professional, some reasons I shared with people some were kept private. Most of all I needed to recharge my batteries, I felt like an old cell phone battery, you know the one that will only hold a charge for a bit. That is how I felt, I could keep up with my life but soon I would be soo tired again, I knew I needed to get off the hamster wheel for awhile. I know what brought me to this point and I am okay with the decisions I made, but I needed now to recoup from the last few years and reconnect with Sheree.

So here in Thailand I am resting, I wish I was eating but I am on a fast right now and soon I start a brown rice diet, they tell us brown rice has the perfect balance of yin/yang and ask us to experience this miracle diet that is known to cure diseases.

I am re balancing my energies, it is great, each day I feel a little stronger.

Like most yoga schools, they are claiming to be the only one that is passing on the yoga tradition correctly, this is common; like religions the different yoga lineages all feel that they are they way, here at Agama they politely say it but they still say it.

I wonder if this fear is caused by the hard times they must of faced in the early days, a Romanian Swami teaching yoga in India, it must not have made him popular. In every spiritual tradition there are people who claim that they are the way, the path and the light, I call them false prophets, people flock to them and soon find that the path is a dead end. No one person has the path for others, the path is inside us all and can only be walked alone, we must dig deep and find out who and what we are, it is not easy. Yes many people will help us along the way but in the end our path is always going to be different from some one elses.

I am grateful for what I am learning here, it is in depth and very interesting, I may return for other courses, next time with my husband. But I will never follow one person as many of the people here do, I will always be free from those types of attachments to people. I am so glad that I came here happy and with such a full life, so that I can be objective.

I think I will always look at Swami as someone who taught me for awhile but I think deep inside we all have our own swami, that will guide us. I am looking foward to the rest of the course and spending more lectures with Swami V, he is bright, charismatic and very well read.

2 comments: