Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sheree's Trip to Thailand

So here is part of my trip in pictures...after a 15 hour flight I arrive at the Hong Kong Airport...a world class airport in a city I would love to tour but will have to pass on this trip.


A 3 hour stopover give me just enough time to change planes...


From Hong Kong to Bangkok is just under 3 hours.








From Bangkok to Koh Samui Airport about 59 minutes. The airport in Koh Samui is billed as the most beautiful airport in the world.




If only the travel ended in this gorgeous place but from here I catch a ferry to Koh Phangan....an island in the South China Sea. To my final destination the Ananada Resort right beside the Agama school that I will be attending.





There I will stay in a bungalow over looking the pool and the water.




Upon arrival the very next day I start my studies....with Swami Vivekananda, I am studying yoga a more traditional form.












Each Day I attend 2 x 1 and 1/2 hour yoga classes/lectures and in the evening there are morelectures and films.

They take place in the Yoga Hall.



I have plans to also have some fun, maybe some diving or surfing lessons as times permits. Maybe a detox at the resort and some Thai Yoga Massage. I plan to book time with Swami V...to discuss my path, and to clear out some head stuff.

I plan on being absorbed by my studies and just enjoying this amazing opportunity to live and study yoga with no distractions.

I honour the light that is within you, it is the same light that is within me, therefore we are one (when we are both in that place LOL).

Namaste

5 comments:

  1. I think this trip sounds like a wonderful experience for you. I hope you enjoy it all and learn a lot. (I'm smiling as I write this). I wish you a safe and happy journey! Namaste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful chance to see another part of our world. I envy the adventure in you but could never do this myself. I can't even come have a visit with your Mom. I'm her South Dakota USA sister/friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheree! Your mom sent me your blog. Sounds like you are having a great time and your trip sounds fantastic! I went to Railay Beach a few years back near Krabi province. I loved Thailand and just reading about your trip makes me want to go back there. Have fun and I'll look forward to seeing and hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait, I do admit to some travel nerves as it is a lot of connections to make. I hope to blog while I am there pictures and stuff I learn from school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this blog makes me want to travel. You're going to have the best tales when you return!

    ReplyDelete