Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am officially moved, it has been a long move, downsizing from a 5 bedroom house to the studio space....we have donated tons to charity and unfortunately almost as much to the dump...I have been living at the studio for about 1 1/2 weeks and my husband (Frank) joined me Friday night. It feels right being here, it already feels like less work. Tomorrow we buy Frank a snow-blower and he is set for the winter.

My food has been great, in fact I was down another lb last week, but am once again feeling bloated and puffy, we had several large dinners this weekend and one being a Christmas Party and the other being our move in celebration dinner, in the midst of boxes I cooked a Prime Rib for Frank, with about 6 different veggies. We were in a food coma when the door of the studio opened and our friend Monica popped in to drop off a tray of cookies....it would have been impolite not to try some LOL....and I was hoping the sugar fix would shock my body out of the roast beef coma...but alas I just felt worse...I am not used to eating Beef/Sugar etc....what a price I paid.

I was however saved because earlier in the week my friend Cori-Ann and I had made plans to run, she, thank god showed up because I am sure I wouldn't have had the personal motivation to do it on my own. We ran 7k at a comfortable pace, it was sunny and not too cold. We ran along Way Street in Brooklin which is a really pretty route. After the first 10 minutes by body came out of the food hangover feeling and I felt great.

I have been thinking alot today about the past year, as 2009 ends I find myself in reflection, it was a year of polar opposites, incredible stress and great people coming into my life.

I said to my husband that in some ways it has been the best year yet, I could have done without the stress but as always I learned a ton about ME and knowing yourself is one of the biggest paths to freedom. I wonder if the lessons learned could have been easier but none the less they were important.

I have decided that over the next little while I will Blog about the people who most affected me this year...those people who either directly or indirectly brought learning into my life.

This year more than any other year I have felt great compassion welling up from in side of me, it felt like I discovered something deep inside of me that made me more tolerant and accepting...

1 comment: